Heyyyy, my loves!
It’s been a week since I’ve written you. I hope you guys had an amazing week, weekend and are off to a decent start on this Taco Tuesday. I went into birthday mode and I was just busy even with having things pre-written, I forgot to schedule it but I am actually happy it played out that way. With my birthday in the past, I can now introduce my Take Care Series #TCS and not feel bad that I’ve fallen behind.
B.A.E News – We have a merchandise store!!! Please feel free to visit and support. My daughter and I are working on creating new products and will update on a bi-weekly basis. Also, I finally broke down and listened to your emails. While I will still have Silent Conversations on here, I went ahead and started a group, per your request. Please feel free to join TSW’s Silent Conversations Facebook Group.
Lastly, I am proud to announce that“The Unbounded Show” is the official radio show for TSW. I’m their editor, and they’re my sponsor. I’m all about WINNING. So check us out every Monday 830 pm – 1030 pm on VVC Radio. It’s #Unbounded, baby!!
– Take Care Series: Hydration –
It’s very, very important you take care of YOU. It’s absolutely okay to be selfish too. Understand that you don’t have to do ANYTHING you don’t want to do, and when you realize that and realize the control and power you actually possess, baby you become unstoppable.
Now I’ve written in the past about my weight loss, and one of the things I learned was HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE!!
I personally didn’t realize the effect water had on me until I stopped drinking so much. My skin started to break out, my actual mood started to change, and I craved sugar. I really have no idea if this is all related, I’ma be honest. But I know that when I started drinking half my body weight in ounces, the breakouts stopped, my mood stabilized, my desire for sugar and excessive eating, came to a halt. I learned that while I super love ice cold water, warm / room temp water is actually best for you, and a little easier to finish off.
So for this week, I want you to focus on warm water hydration. If my reasons aren’t enough, then I’ll hit you with these:
- Anti-Aging Elements – We know that water flushes your body of toxins and helps your skin recuperate, right? But, drinking warm water will help the skin cells restore themselves, faster.
*I’m convinced the saying “black don’t crack” is the result of drinking water*
- Digestion Elements – warm water, moves through your warm body. Your body doesn’t have to do much work to adjust your temperature which means it has more time absorbing. As it moves through your system, it flushes the oils from food and moves it through the digestive tract. Cold water can harden oils, and cause serious health complications down the line.
- Hair Growth – Warm water hydrates your roots, which decreases dehydration in the hair. Hydrated hair = growth.
- Constipation Relief – Warm water, again moves through your warm body. Once in the intestines, the warm water helps hydrate the stool, kinda like a lubricant in a sense, and helps you dispose of impacted waste.
*Warning: if you feel constipated and your home remedies do not work, please, please contact your PCP or go to the nearest ER. Water is an aide, not a cure.*
- Appetite Suppressor – You can drink water in lieu of eating. The body doesn’t properly relay the message of what’s filling you. It just knows you’re being filled. During my weight loss, if there were times where work wouldn’t allow me to step away and eat, I’d fill my water bottle with ice or water, and had a liquid lunch.
*I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS. If your body goes into starvation mode it will hold on to EVERYTHING and feed off of it until the starvation mode is gone. So always try and keep snacks nearby. Cashews, apples, and tangerines are my quick go-to’s.*
I hope these help. As I stated earlier, I drink ½ of my body weight in ounces. To determine how much you should drink, here’s the formula:
BODYWEIGHT / 2 = Ounces you drink
(ex. 140 / 2 = 70. I drink 70 ounces of water, which is about 9 x 8oz bottles daily).
I am working on partnering with a meal prep subscription box. I’ve pitched us to them, I would love to add in healthy recipes. I know how hard it was to break out of my normal shopping habits, so products like this I love because they prep, you cook and stay obedient to your goals. Now, I prep all of my own meals, but once I’m back working full time I know my time running to the grocery store will be limited, so these products are a help! Especially if you’re running a one-man show with kids at home.
My goal for 30 is to be the best me. I want to have health and wealth and I want you to have the same, too.
Check in with me! I’m here if you need motivation or just someone to talk to! YouTube will re-launch March 16th.
Until Next Time…